Friday, June 05, 2009

Saying Goodbye to the Seniors...








In the third week of May the graduating class of TCIS spent two days in the mountains and at the beach in northeastern Korea. The students learned about how to finish well before they move on to college, how to say goodbyes and restore relationships and they also learned about things they will experience as they transition to life in the US, Canada or Europe. The kids also had a lot of fun, as did the teachers who were lucky enough to go along. I shared a lot of laughs with the seniors I have taught for two years and also with some great colleagues and friends. I was even treated to a surprise dip in the East Sea (or Sea of Japan) when several students picked me up, carried me along the long beach and threw me into the water. Thankfully I wasn't the only one - anyone who didn't jump in voluntarily for a swim was treated to a helping hand! It was a lovely way to say goodbye and wish the senior class well as they finish at TCIS.

No comments: