Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rebecca in the Philippines!! =D






While my mom was enjoying her time with the kids in India, I was out working for Habitat for Humanity. We spent about 4 full days in total (8 hours each) building houses. We did framing, digging, foundation, and moving rocks! It turned out to be a lot harder than I thought, but we all worked really hard and got a lot of work done!!! On some of our days would be spent going to a waterfall in the middle of the jungle or swimming in the hot springs near our resort. One day we even got to see the mayor!! :) It was really an amazing trip!! Being there and working with the volunteers was an amazing and eye opening experience! Even though the trip was a lot of hard work, it was really worth it and through this trip all of us built really good friendships with some of the volunteers! The Philippines is truly a country of need and I was so glad that I got the opportunity to serve there!~

No comments: