Thursday, February 01, 2007

Drumming & Dancing!




For about 8 weeks I have been taking a Korean dance class, held here at TCIS after school on Thursdays. Five staff (all women) have been learning the art of Korean dance, and it's a lot harder than it looks! It is very controlled and involves a lot of subtle and graceful movements (hence, I am struggling!). Just yesterday our drums arrived (we've been learning some drumming patterns as well); you tie these drums in front of you and drum while you dance (it's sort of like an advanced version of rubbing your stomach and patting your head at the same time). It's a lot of fun and these pictures are of our instructor (in the fuschia sweater) and four of us students (my dance skirt arrives next week). We will actually perform a dance in front of the school next October for Korean Culture Week, and I'm nervous already!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

lol it doesn't seem like something that you would have gotten involved with, that's for sure... all those great times at Durham... but don't worry, I'm pretty clumsy too :) I haven't heard from you in a while! Let me know how you are doing :) Great pics, btw :) Hope you have a great one!